Guide to Over Fifties Home Contents Insurance and Over 50's Insurers.

People over fifty tend to make fewer home insurance claims, and if they do claim, they tend to be more honest so the over fifties can benefit from cheaper home contents insurance.

Household contents insurance or home contents insurance covers most your personal belongings and household possessions against loss or damage. A simple way to think about it is that a home contents insurance policy will cover almost everything you would take with you if you were to move house. Items like televisions, computers, your white goods, DVDs and CDs, Furniture and Mirrors, Clothing, Money ,Valuables like antiques and jewellery and soft furnishings.  

Most policies will cover loss or damage from Theft or attempted theft, Fire, explosion, lightning, or earthquake, Escape of water from tanks or pipes and Storm and flood damage.

It is important to make sure you are not under insured and figures suggest that among those who have insurance the average estimated value of their contents is £47,660 but over a quarter do not have enough cover. When you have a few minutes just tot up the cost new to replace everything just in your lounge, or the clothes in your wardrobe you will probably be surprised how quickly the money adds up.


Saga's contents insurance provides a wide range of cover for your possessions up to the value of £50,000.



Get a quote and you could win an unforgettable 2 week cruise for two on board Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines' or £10,000 in cash.


John Lewis

John Lewis Contents Cover is a 'new-for-old' policy. This means that all items lost or damaged will be replaced with new items or the cash equivalent.



Extra discount when you insurance buildings and contents together.